Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It Must Have Been Love

As a tailspin-teenager, I had a creative crush on a new “Lil Lovely” every month. It started with a hottie called Amanda. At the swimming pool, I was looking at her looking at me, but we could not talk to each other. Later, we faux-flirted through our friends, and my song for her was “It Must Have Been Love” by Swedish duo, Roxette.

Another Cinderella-crush was buxom, French-Ivorian beauty, Chantal, who was 4 years older (and 100 light years sexier) than me, and who lived in Cocody, Abidjan. My ballad for her was “Impossible Love” by UB40.

6 comments:

  1. The second is quite apt, lol. Do you still woo girls with songs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myne, yes, apt. I have never wooed girls with songs. What I am saying is whenever I liked a girl, I would associate her with a love long I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kwame Mensa-Bonsu10 February, 2010

    NY, u've got a nice big romantic heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Wow* a little lovely every month? That's a whole bunch of lovelies! In my early teens I also used to associate songs with crushes. This post reminds me of my first big crush Omar; half Somalian/half African-American and 100% divine dark chocolate. I associate him with 'Girl you know its true', 'Blame it on the Rain' and 'I'm Gonna Miss You'.Mmmm I seem to have been quite a Milli Vanilli fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kwame: Nice? Big? Romantic? Don't think so!

    @ Abena Serwaa: Thank you. Another of us. My office mates denied ever associating love interests with love songs, and I was beginning to feel weird. And, you were def a Milli Vanilli fan; that is before and not after, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. *LOL* Was a Milli Vanilli fan before and after felt cheated. Well, that was until I watched VH1's 'Milli Vanilli: Behind the Music' and felt sooo sorry for the guys. Especially Rob Pilatus who had a completely rotten childhood and then in the end self-destructed.

    ReplyDelete

After writing your comment, please select the Name/URL box below, and write your name in the box, before submitting your comment.