Friday, May 13, 2011

The African Dream

I bumped into an old acquaintance at a public lecture tonight. Since he appeared to be doing super all right in his affairs, the topic of income was soon incoming. He boasted that he was living the Ghanaian Dream. I had never heard that phrase before.

Hmm. So the American Dream means you can start modest and work hard to achieve wealth or anything in America. What would be your 2-line version of the African [or substitute your particular African country] Dream?

7 comments:

  1. A big fish in a small pond phenomenon; to make an impact - change something, add something or make something.
    eg. I would say Patrick Awuah is living the African dream... well, "my" african dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13 May, 2011

    To get this race boulder off my shoulder, that is my African Dream.

    If you're African/Black you know what I mean. Well I hope that you do, because no one can fight a battle they are unaware exists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kwame Mensa-Bonsu14 May, 2011

    For me: To make a positive impact in Governance...political and corporate.

    In reality: to live better than the other 80%. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ yeh:

    I just about understand your dream and it 'smells' good. But are you saying Africa is a small pond?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kwame Mensa-Bonsu:

    Cynical, aren't we? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Fafa Q:

    Hey, where have you been?

    ReplyDelete

After writing your comment, please select the Name/URL box below, and write your name in the box, before submitting your comment.