Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Modern Woman

My irresistible presence
Confounds you to mistakes
My immortal essence
Plagues your passions so

I burn into your soul
Hot like liquid fire
I’m etched onto your mind
It’s my physical pull on you

I am the modern woman

Watch!

I am a free spirit
I walk with a song in my body
I talk in sweet melodious tones
I leave your mind and heart in a split

I am a free spirit
You cannot hold me
I’m too clever for that
You have nothing that I want
Except your true respect

I am the modern woman
I’m cool and confident
I’m smart, intelligent

I have my own big dreams
You want to rule me, you better walk on
Give me some respect, and we can be friends

I am the modern woman.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You have just described me. I AM the modern woman (for better or worse...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are, Maya! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. one thing i like about poetry is the limitless space it gives the poet to reach whatever spheres or depths and assume whatever shapes or forms!

    write on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Novisi, the endless elasticity of creation and meaning confounds my simple mind!

    ReplyDelete

After writing your comment, please select the Name/URL box below, and write your name in the box, before submitting your comment.