Saturday, September 26, 2009

Airport Shell

It squats on the auxiliary artery which leads from the Airport roundabout to the Gifford Road (to Burma Camp). It used to be closed at 1 a.m. until armed robbers registered their unwanted approval. Now all the lights go out at 11 p.m. It serves fuel; flaunts a ‘corner store’; holds a handy garage; seduces with the Cockpit Grill, and exposes a car park to stand at if you wish ‘Airport’, ‘East Legon’ and ‘Spintex Road’ to see you on their way home at night.

6 comments:

  1. The Airport shell almost sounds like the nexus of Accra here! Last stop to points West, East and North. Actually, it is my least favorite Shell since it is always jam-packed with cars and very hard to maneuver around. Gifford Road sounds very posh indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Abena. I do not like the Airport Shell much for the jamming myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Motherland to the great Placito, buy a card on your way out- :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DO! how can I forget NY? That shell, oh that shell. It was one of the last places I passed by before I left the motherland. sigh...memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll come back, won't you, Flossy? :-)

    ReplyDelete

After writing your comment, please select the Name/URL box below, and write your name in the box, before submitting your comment.